Ira Salkin Scholarship
If you would like to make a donation to the scholarship fund, Click Here.
Expectations of the Editorial Office to police publication ethics: How it has changed during the past 10 years
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Number of Awards per year:
- The ISMTE Awards Committee may award up to one scholarship in any given year.
- If entries are not of sufficient quality, no scholarship will be awarded in that year.
- The decision of the ISMTE Scholarships Committee is final.
The winner of the scholarship will receive:
Submission of entries and announcement of winner:
- Complimentary registration at an ISMTE conference of his/her choice (within 12-month period)
- Up to $1500 toward travel/accommodation for the selected conference
- Publication in Editorial Office News (EON), the official publication of the ISMTE
- The submission deadline for entries in 2017 will be Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
- The winner will be notified by the Chair of the ISMTE Awards Committee.
- The winner will be contacted with a view of being presented the award at a meeting of their choice within a 12-month period.
- The winning entry will be published in the ISMTE official publication Editorial Office News (EON).
- The winner agrees not to disclose publicly that he/she has been awarded the scholarship until the announcement is made by the ISMTE. The ISMTE reserves the right to withdraw the award if this rule is broken. The winner will be reminded of this in the email informing them that they have been awarded a scholarship.
The award will be provided at the conference in which the winner is attending.
Eligibility of Applicants:
Eligible applicants must be members of the International Society of Managing and Technical Editors by May 31, 2017. Previous scholarship holders and scholarship committee members are not eligible.
Topic: Expectations of the editorial office to police publication ethics: How it has changed during the past 10 years.
The essay must be in English and not longer than 1500 words excluding the title and references but including sub-headings. Essays may include tables and figures. Longer entries will be rejected. Essays must be submitted as a Word document with the word count clearly stated.
Please submit the essay through the online submission link by Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
The ISMTE Scholarship Committee will judge the editorial standard of the essay. All essays will be blinded to the Committee.
As a guide the essay must be of a standard fit for publication in ISMTE’S official publication Editorial Office News (EON) with at most minor copy editing needed to correct language and to adapt to EON’s stylistic requirements.
All entries will be subject to plagiarism-checking software.
Diana Epstein, Chair